Wednesday, May 1, 2013

JLF Updates


It's been a quiet year on the Junior League front, as far as this blog is concerned! I've been busy as this year's Communications Chair, mostly with publishing our JLF monthly newsletter called the "Update." It feels like it's been a year of quiet, behind-the-scenes work. Last month, though, I was officially voted into my position for 2013-14 -- Board Secretary. I'm really excited! A return to the BOD means more hours put in at various JLF meetings and events, but I'm VERY excited about the group of ladies I'll be working with to continue JLF's mission and vision next year. We just returned from our board retreat at Shaver Lake, where we had a wonderful 30-ish hours getting to know each other and getting inspired for our respective leadership roles. I'll spend this summer wrapping up my role in Communications and handing the reigns over to next year's chair, and getting to know the responsibilities of my new position. Meanwhile, here's a FANTASTIC video that was shown at the AJLI (Association of Junior Leagues International) Annual Conference this year, and it really sums up what Junior League is all about.... "It Starts With A Woman."
 


PS....Here's a sneak peek at what our monthly newsletter looks like!

No comments: