
Since most of my loved ones already know this, I'll confess it to the blogging world: I struggle with the Holidays. My job and my extracurricular commitments (and my difficulty in saying "No" to all sorts of things), as well as our extended extended family (and the inability to fit everyone in) make it so tough for my Type A personality to really shine at Christmas. Oh how I wish I had the time to make my home, my gifts, and my baked goods look like something out of Martha Stewart's magazine, and then spend hours (if not days) lounging around sipping hot chocolate and watching snow fall! For now, while life is so busy, it feels like we are always squeezing in an "abbreviated" Christmas. Someday....
I'm not sure Christmas would have come to our house at all this year if it wasn't for the help of some friends who came to my rescue! A big THANK YOU to my dearest and best friend Andreana for wrapping my presents and coming to help me put up our Christmas tree last weekend. I just didn't have the internal motivation this year, with everything going on! I am calling her my very own Christmas elf. I am also grateful to Susanna for helping me seal and address my Christmas cards -- all 125 of them! These girls helped me transition into the Holiday spirit with ease and gratitude. I am blessed by their generosity of time and spirit!
No comments:
Post a Comment