Well, in what feels like record timing (just about 5 weeks), the executive team has already hired a new 'VP of Risk Management' for PrideStaff. Yay! His name is Nathan Carruth and he comes to PrideStaff with about 25 years of Risk Management experience. He currently works for one of the largest staffing firms in the country, with hundreds of locations in the U.S. and satellite operations in other countries. He is their 'Director of Risk Management' and has created various types of loss control programs both domestically and abroad. Wow!In addition to his mega-impressive qualifications, he's a SUPER nice guy, very down-to-earth. I really like him, based on the short amount of time I spent with him during the interview process. He currently lives in Oklahoma City and will be relocating to Fresno, CA with his wife and one of his daughters (the other two are in college) sometime next month. After the move and a couple weeks of orientation, it looks like he'll be a regular in our department right around the end of June. So Tina, Danielle, Kristin and I are making the most of our 'girl time' while it lasts, and working hard to get things in order to help ease Nathan's transition. Who knows what exactly he'll start with, but with PrideStaff's planned growth, our department is in need of vision and change to take us to the next level -- and this is what he has been hired to envision and facilitate. It's a little scary and exciting to think that a month from now I'll have a new boss (a GUY) and things will change in Risk Management yet again! In the meantime, instead of being totally stressed out, I have actually been enjoying the challenge of heading up the department. It's been busy and chaotic and high-pressure on some days, with longer hours and lots of work from home, but it's been a growth experience for me, helping me learn new skills and refine some that were getting rusty. I have felt so much GRACE to be in this place, where I had been worried about being so stressed and overwhelmed. Plus I'm getting more management experience and thoroughly enjoying working even more closely with Tina, Danielle, and Kristin (Kristin is a part-time temporary employee we brought into the department a few weeks ago, and we really like her)!
Here's to flexibility and learning to accept and appreciate change....
No comments:
Post a Comment