Friday, July 31, 2015

Santa Barbara Getaway - July 2015



A post drafted 2 years and 2 months ago that never made it to the blog... (well, a slideshow anyway).

My wonderful husband is "religious" about romantic getaways.  Seriously, he's adamant that we get away together, alone, at least once a year.  For a long time, we managed to get away together twice a year.  Lately it seems like we're only able to swing it once in the summer, both budget-wise and childcare wise. 
 
Each time he plans a trip for us, he starts months in advance with research: places to stay, places to dine, what kind of wine to pair with the meal, activities to do together, time to nap, etc.  This particular getaway took us to Santa Barbara, and we stayed at a lovely little "casita" near the beach.  As I recall (I'm writing this in September of 2017, even though I'll back date the post to when the trip took place), my parents were also in SB that weekend on their sailboat, and we had a nice visit at the harbor with them.  We actually decided to do the "fit" thing, and jog from our casita to the harbor... and I remember that's when I discovered a painful stress fracture in my foot.  Ow! 

We've had a couple great trips since then: Portland in 2016, Las Vegas and Santa Cruz in 2017.  Our life together gets better and better, truly.

SKH

No comments: