Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014


All dressed up for Mother's Day tea!
We had a simple Mother's Day this year, which was much-needed due to the recent chaos of our big family adjustment!

 
Well, it probably doesn't LOOK simple in the pics, but it felt no-fuss.
 
Rather than cart our girls around to a couple of different celebrations, I decided I wanted to be able to honor all of the mothers and grandmothers in my own home.  So, I hosted a Mother's Day tea party on Saturday (with the goal of preserving Sunday for our family).  Melody, my mother-in-law Barbara, my aunt Debbie, and my grandma Fern all came over in their tea party finest, and we ate quiche, fruit salad, and lemon-lavender scones.  Tess enjoyed her first real tea party and got to drink from a teacup and saucer she picked out herself.  We exchanged simple gifts and thoroughly enjoyed a few hours of leisurely tea and conversation.  Thank you to my sweetie for helping make it happen!
 
On Mother's Day I was spoiled with a delicious brunch and some very thoughtful gifts, and I got to sleep in/stay in bed until I was ready to get out.  I am sure this is virtually unheard of for the mother of a newborn!  The first pic in the slideshow below is Tess at her preschool's Mother's Day celebration, wearing the special heart and fingerprint necklace she made for me -- one of many Mother's treasures I'm sure to receive in the coming years. 




No comments: