What can I say....time is just refusing to slow down, and I can hardly believe Tess is already six months old. In one way, I feel like it was just yesterday that we were DINKs, found out we were pregnant, and were in the thick of "making room for baby." And at the same time, I can't remember what our life was like without our precious girl. I was cleaning in her room this morning and thought to myself, "I can hardly remember this NOT being her room. This has always been HER room." She waited a long time to make her appearance, but it's like she was meant for us. Wait, it's not "like" -- she IS meant for us. And I am so beyond grateful that we were blessed with a healthy and happy little one.
At her six-month checkup Tess weighed in at 16lbs, 15oz (70th percentile) and measured 25 inches (20th percentile). Despite the 3 shots she received, she was all smiles for Dr. Chang and the staff at CMP. These days she is trying lots of new veggies and fruits, rolling over both directions, practicing standing up, and giggling lots. And the week before her half birthday she sprouted not one, but TWO teeth! They look SO cute poking out of her bottom gums. Mommy is working on introducing baby sign language ("please," "eat," "more," and "all done") and transitioning baby from three daily naps to two. We've had some sleeping challenges in the past 4-6 weeks and so a return to a strict schedule is in order!
Below are some of the best shots from our little at-home photo shoot. Since she had shots the day before, I had trouble getting all the smiles I'm generally used to. This week we also went to JC Penney Portrait Studio for some more formal portraits and had the same challenge. But even so, she's my adorable doll, and one of the happies babies I've ever seen. Happy half birthday, precious Tess!



No comments:
Post a Comment