One of my favorite gifts from my baby showers last summer was the Beaba Babycook baby food maker. I always dreamed of being one of "those" moms who made homemade baby food, and thanks to my Aunt Debbie & sister-cousin Valerie, I get to be! I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about starting Tess on solid foods. (I keep saying, the only thing that makes her growing up less difficult is the promise of all the fun things we have to look forward to.) But, after our trip to Seattle, where practically everyone commented on my baby's staring at and/or salivating over every morsel of food she saw, I felt I couldn't wait any longer. But this amazing little gadget truly made the transition even more of a fun adventure.
Not only does it cook (steam) whatever you want to make, it also purees it to your specifications. Then you can freeze your baby food into these clever little trays... and when it's time to eat, you just pop out a single serving! So far I've made fresh green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. I'm a little impatient with having to wait 5 days (per the doctor's recommendation) every time I introduce a new vegetable, and I've yet to venture into steaming and cooking fruits. I was also given the accompanying cookbook, so that over the next few months I can make actual recipes for little miss Tess.
Not only does it cook (steam) whatever you want to make, it also purees it to your specifications. Then you can freeze your baby food into these clever little trays... and when it's time to eat, you just pop out a single serving! So far I've made fresh green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. I'm a little impatient with having to wait 5 days (per the doctor's recommendation) every time I introduce a new vegetable, and I've yet to venture into steaming and cooking fruits. I was also given the accompanying cookbook, so that over the next few months I can make actual recipes for little miss Tess. Here's a photo collage of the Beaba's "maiden voyage"....
And here's our sweet girl enjoying her rice cereal, green beans, and butternut squash. She's done so great with the solid foods. The first night we fed her rice cereal, she seemed a little bit unsure what to do with us. So we put her next to us at the table while WE ate dinner and tried again -- and then she was all over it! No indication of any allergic reactions to anything (which I don't really anticipate, but I have agreed to follow the doctor's recommendations), but it seems that peas are her least favorite so far.
Bon apetit!


2 comments:
That's awesome! I wish that was around when mine were little!
Yay! I'm glad you (and Tess) like it! What's great about the recipes is that it's real food that a normal person would want to eat...none of that fake nasty baby mush you buy in the store.
Post a Comment