Sunday, August 15, 2010

Junior League Busyness...

For the 2010-11 Junior League year, I happily accepted the position of “Placement Chair.” Junior League of Fresno is currently organized into 3 councils: Community, Membership, and Finance. Each council is made up of several committees and is headed by a VP that sits on the JLF Board of Directors. The Placement Committee falls under the Membership Council, and is a renewed committee for JLF this year (it was combined with another committee several years ago, due to low membership, and pretty much fizzled out afterward).

I didn’t seek out a leadership role with JLF this year, and I never considered joining the Placement Committee. But someone out there had the fantastic idea to nominate me, and I couldn’t be more grateful! Who knew I would enjoy this particular role so much? I’m having a blast and learning so much more than I anticipated. I’m also spending much more time with JLF than I bargained for, but because I’m enjoying it, it doesn’t feel like a sacrifice. I’ve got an amazing JLF mentor and so much support and encouragement keeping me motivated. I’m heading up a team of about 12 women, and here’s a little snapshot of what we’re working on this year, taken from the Committee Plan written by yours truly.

VISION: The Placement Committee is the “human resources department” of JLF, ensuring all members have the tools and information needed for a successful JLF career.

MISSION: The Placement Committee will function as “JLF experts,” committed to ensuring that each member satisfies the requirements of JLF membership and achieves a fulfilling and rewarding JLF experience.

GOALS/OBJECTIVES:
1. Develop the framework, policies and systems that will be used to effectively manage the responsibilities of the Placement Committee for this year and future years.
2. Provide information and training to the Active Membership as to Placement opportunities, member responsibilities, and how to get the most out of their JLF membership.
3. Provide training and education for the Placement Committee.

Did you know? The Junior League of Fresno is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. I’m excited to be doing my part to help grow this outstanding organization and serve its’ members! Below are some recent pics from JLF Leadership & Board of Directors events.

No comments: