The entire Unruh clan gathered on 4th of July to celebrate the 90th birthday of our “patriarch” and my grandpa, Quentin Unruh. It seems like just a few years ago that we gathered to celebrate his 80th, where Chad and I wheeled out a very hot and flaming cake topped with 80 candles. Time flies! (I bet he would say the same.) We are so blessed to have him as the head of our family, which numbers 31 and still growing. I’ve not met a more lovely and loving couple than my wonderful grandparents, whose love and influence on my life is too great to do justice to here. Grandpa was the 2nd man to have my heart. My childhood memories are full of wonderful times spent enjoying his stories and enduring his tickling. On his birthday this year I made a special wish -- to give him another great grandchild (one of my own)!

No comments:
Post a Comment