Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey & Sniffles

The Haydens spent a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend in "The O.C." visiting our "Fullerton Parental Unit," Ron and Meg Suich. We hit the road right after work on Wednesday night and stopped in Bakersfield to have dinner with Chad's Grandma, Vida Hayden. Unfortunately by Thursday morning I had a sore throat and spent the next 2 days sneezing and sniffling! Still, our Thanksgiving meal was lovely (Ron always cooks and it's delicious!) and we had good company -- a "potpurri" of family and dear friends (both two- and four-legged, indeed).

On Friday I went to see "Four Christmases" (aka "My Life Story") with Meg while Chad went to the Tourneau watch store at South Coast Plaza with Ron. Friday evening we had our family's November birthdays celebration and exchanged some gifts while enjoying a birthday cake that read "Happy Birthday To Us"... Saturday we took a drive to see some of the recent fire damage in the area and had lunch at our fave local restaurant, Rutabegorz. We also got to see some recent changes made at 522 N. Wilson Avenue, including new paint for the exterior and much of the interior of the house, as well as new wood floors.

It was so nice to see Ron, Meg, Uncle Richard, my stepbrother Dave, our family friends J.B. (transplanted from Columbia, SC and currently staying in Fullerton) and Fumi, and the pets (Molly, Dennis, Jamie). And on Thursday we finally got to meet our other "brother," Allen (and his wife Janette, as well as her kids Sean & Natalie). Allen is a good friend of my stepbrother Mike, and Ron and Meg have been like parents to him over the past few years. I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted because I was feeling so under the weather....bummer!

We headed home Saturday night and rolled into our driveway at around 10:30pm, just as Chad started sneezing and sniffling, too! We're laying low today (Sunday) in hopes that we're ready for the workweek tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I wish I could have been there...... Wait a minute, I WAS there. DWS