Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Changes at PrideStaff!

Okay so as you probably know, we have been short-staffed in my department (PrideStaff's corporate Risk Management Dept.) since last September when my sidekick, Tiffany, left to be a stay-at-home mom. We had a long-term temp helping fill in, but it wasn't a good permanent fit. My immediate supervisor, Stacey, and I were sharing the workload of the department, which ideally should be staffed with 3 or 4 fully trained people. So finally about a month ago we hired Tina, intended as a permanent replacement for Tiffany (although Tiff seems irreplaceable!). Finally there was a light at the end of the tunnel!
Then 2 weeks ago, on my last day at work before a 5-day vacation, I was told that Stacey had given her notice and would be leaving PrideStaff. ACK!! Major/huge panic attack for me, thinking about the fact that I would be the only trained/experienced person in the department....
After the announcement was made to the entire PrideStaff system about Stacey's departure, I started getting messages from various associates who really affirmed me in my abilities and how respected and well-liked I am at PrideStaff. Here's an excerpt from our Stockton franchisee, who's been with the company for about 15 years:

I know changes are tough at times, but I was really, really glad to read the part about Sarah's continuing role as a leader in our Risk Department. It's been exciting to watch Sarah's career develop over the years! Sarah, I was really impressed with your presentation at my 212 Training and the training you delivered regarding wage and hour in Sacramento last year. The information was first rate and your delivery was very professional with a humorous twist (that is a sign of a great presenter - when you engage your audience!) I depend on your knowledge and your follow-up is always consistent. In this fast-paced business, that's so important. And, you're fun to talk to - that makes our conversations that much more pleasant!
Long story short, I'm freaked out about change and what the future holds...I'm worried that I won't be able to handle the workload...but I'm grateful to be surrounded by people who remind me that I have what it takes!

No comments: